The Publicity Manager – Graphic Designer is responsible for the design, branding and public image of the Recreation and Park Commission for the Parish of East Baton Rouge (BREC) through the public information materials. The Publicity Manager – Graphic Designer is responsible for implementation of policies, procedures, strategies and techniques of internal and external communications. Related work as required.
Requirements and Job Specifications/Education Required: Graduation from an accredited 4 year college or university.
Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Area of Study (major) Required: Graphic Design or related professional design field.
License(s) Required: Valid LA Drivers License
Years Relevant Work Experience: 1 year full-time graphic design experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current accepted concepts and practices of graphic design, public relations and marketing
- Knowledge of current and accepted management concepts and practices
- Knowledge of the communities served by the organization, including community’s attitudes, concerns and interest, community groups, individual representatives and to the media
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Experience with InDesign and the Adobe Suite is required
- Skilled in using a computer, knowledge of and including website maintenance
- Good attention to detail, creativity, flexibility and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn BREC and special facility policies, operations, programs and communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, staff, vendors and patrons.
Functions and Duties/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for graphic design of informational brochures, advertising and newsletters for BREC and the BREC Parks Foundation
- Responsible for the facilitation of the organization’s branding plan
- Responsible for updating and daily maintenance of BREC website and the BREC Foundation web site
- Responds to e-mails daily
- Maintains current list of upcoming events; provides to numerous media sources according to established schedule
- Assists the print shop supervisor with a wide variety of materials, including informational and educational brochures, newsletters, and reports
- Will assist in development of audiovisual presentations and other materials for public and departmental use; conducts market research as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Assists with Special Events as needed.
To apply for this job please visit brec.org.