Website Lamar Graphics
Do you want your designs to make an impact in the success of local businesses? Would you like to see your work in the public arena? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you at Lamar Graphics in Baton Rouge, LA! Our Graphic Designers work alongside 30+ other designers to make our billboard and digital advertisements SHINE all over the country.
Online portfolio or digital examples of your work are required to be considered for an interview.
Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000 displays across the United States and Canada Lamar is dedicated to helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
- Interstate logos
- Handpainted murals
- Transportation and airports
- The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70% decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
What’s in it for you?
- A Monday-Friday schedule with paid holidays
- An hourly range of $17.50 – $26.50 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 401(k) plan with company contributions for participation
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium holidays and HSA contributions
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
A Day in the Life:
A Graphic Designer’s primary responsibility is content creation for Lamar’s Out-Of-Home (OOH) products including Outdoor, Digital, and Transit.
Functions and responsibilities include:
- Develops artwork for billboards & digital displays for a variety of business types.
- Collaboration with ad agencies, media buying services & advertisers with their out-of-home design needs.
- Work with Lamar sales department to implement promotional & merchandising campaigns.
- Must write and edit copy as needed.
- Assist in scheduling spots on digital display network.
- Occasional market rides to inspect and photograph inventory are required.
- Communicate with other Lamar territory offices to fulfill their art requests.
What we’re looking for in YOU:
- The ability to conceptualize, design and produce effective billboard advertising.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Adobe Suite/PhotoShop & Illustrator (PC platform) and Microsoft Excel.
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS and PowerPoint.
- An aptitude for large format layout & graphic design.
- Ability to manipulate art from collateral materials as illustrated on websites or in printed portfolios.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills.
- The ability to brainstorm & mock-up design ideas.
- The capability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines and manage & execute projects.
- Mastery of color theory and ability to differentiate between pigment and tone
- Ability to perform amicably in close quarters with other employees or clients as the work station is located in a cubicle environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is the office.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting more than 50%, and talking.
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Residents – Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal contractor, Lamar may be required to comply with federal contractor COVID-19 vaccine mandates depending on the outcome of pending litigation. If these mandates are upheld, at time of hire, all employees would be required a) to submit their vaccination status and b) to submit proof of their vaccination. If an accommodation request is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review and could result in a denial.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.