Website Louisiana Art & Science Museum
A 501(c)3 museum housed on the banks of the Mississippi River
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Supervisor: President & Executive Director
Position Type: Exempt, full-time, 40hrs/week
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, English, Graphic Design, or related field
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000, plus benefits (vision, health, dental insurance, 401k matching, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave)
Skills & Qualifications:
– 1-5 years of communications/marketing experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
– Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to work cross-departmentally in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines; proactive self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
– Graphic design experience and demonstrated history of using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and/or Canva
– Experience managing and building websites using tools such as SquareSpace, Wix, etc.
– Command of language; skilled in writing content for a variety of audiences and through a variety of mediums
– Able to understand and master various software systems and technologies with limited guidance
– Superior interpersonal and public speaking skills
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, the Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing the Louisiana Art & Science Museum’s organizational communications plan, ensuring maximum publicity of the museum’s programs, brand, and mission. The Communications & Marketing Manager: manages LASM’s brand and brand standards; positions LASM as the community’s trusted source for art and science news and content; manages the museum’s digital presence, including social media accounts, website, and email marketing; serves as the Museum’s primary media and advertising contact; drafts, edits and disseminates press releases.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Manages the function of lasm.org, the museum’s primary website, and virtual-lasm.org, the museum’s website for virtual experiences
– Plans and executes a strategic project to rebuild and reinvigorate the museum’s website
Digital Communications Management
– Plans and executes social media and email marketing content calendar; analyzes marketing data and implements both paid and organic digital marketing campaigns
– Designs graphics and museum publications using the Adobe Suite and/or Canva, in-line with museum brand standards; photography and videography at events; maintains museum’s media library
Media and Communications Management
– Serves as the museum’s primary earned media and paid advertising contact; builds, develops, and maintains media partnerships and relationships with community partners in order to maximize exposure and raise the visibility of the museum; drafts, edits, and disseminates press releases
– Develops and implements program-specific marketing campaigns, including campaigns related to fundraising initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Development & Communications
– Manages the museum’s marketing, printing, and advertising budgets, in collaboration with the Director of Development & Communications
– Manages all printed materials for the museum
Other duties as assigned.
Click here to fill out the Louisiana Art & Science Museum’s official job application: https://forms.gle/KGc51v6rDLrjJSQ28
Please send your resume and cover letter to Frances Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com