Website Louisiana Business Inc.
Multimedia publishing firm
Louisiana Business Inc. in Baton Rouge is one of Louisiana’s most innovative and influential publishing companies, reaching tens of thousands of readers daily across multiple platforms, including 225 Magazine, inRegister, Baton Rouge Business Report, 10/12 Industry Report, Daily Report, 225 Daily and a host of award-winning specialty print and online publications. LBI is also home to celebrated community events and honors, including Business Awards & Hall of Fame, Forty Under 40, Influential Women in Business, Top 100 Private Companies, Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge and others.
THE JOB: MEDIA PRODUCTION + DESIGN MANAGER
LBI seeks an innovative, proactive and detail-oriented professional for our production division with experience in both print and digital publishing to oversee the design and publishing side of our company. The ideal manager is someone who can creatively collaborate with our sales, editorial and production teams to enhance existing products and develop new offerings to meet evolving client needs. The ability to think innovatively and execute tactically in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a key aspect of the role.
YOU WILL …
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the production department, including publication design and production, print management, advertising management, marketing collateral, creative services and digital production and design.
- Collaborate with Sales, Editorial, Marketing and Audience Development departments to determine creative needs, and to develop reasonable production formats, schedules, and deadlines for each project.
- Lead focused production meetings to coordinate publishing schedules and troubleshoot any emerging challenges.
- Manage production status of projects to ensure internal deadlines as well as desired vendor shipping schedules are met.
- Act as the primary company liaison with printers and other vendors, generating requests for quotes to vendors, evaluating and negotiating price, quality and schedule for projects. Also lead conflict resolution and problem solving to address quality control, technical issues, deadlines and shipping schedules.
- Oversee prepress and file prep, including preflight and file assessment for print-ready and uploading files to printer’s FTP site.
- Ensure your design team is trained + proficient in the latest relevant print and online publishing technology.
- Manage company publishing archives to ensure project elements and files are preserved electronically in a timely fashion and easily accessible.
YOU HAVE …
- A four-year college degree in graphic design, marketing, business or another relevant field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position
- Knowledge of and experience using Mac OS + Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)
Familiarity with media publishing, including editorial and advertising, as well as print and digital formats
- A minimum of three years of experience in graphic design, print procurement and/or general print and digital production experience
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- A collaborative spirit, a creative and experimental approach to problem solving, and exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to utilize Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and other appropriate computer programs, and a familiarity with WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on teamwork
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, disability, life, paid time off and 401(k) plan. Applicants should send a resume, a portfolio of written and digital work, and three references via email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org