MESH employees have a culture of working hard and having fun – karaoke machine included! We have a diversity of clients and projects, so a day is never quite the same. We offer benefits, including healthcare & 401k, plus weekly wellness sessions right downstairs, monthly team get-togethers, lunch-n-learns, quarterly off-site events, and an annual retreat. We are on a hybrid schedule (Tues/Thurs in the office) yet the office is open daily for you to pop in. Your professional growth is extremely important to us, so you will meet with your Lead monthly to develop a plan and carry it through. As we continue to grow, we want you to grow with us!
As a Copywriter, you will be an integral part of MESH, creating our messaging and content development efforts. You will be responsible for writing for a variety of client accounts, participating in brainstorming sessions, working with Brand Managers to write rationales in support of your work, reviewing and editing the work of other copywriters and staying up to date on copywriting trends, principles, tools and techniques in order to provide the best work for our clients.
You will collaborate with clients and MESH teams to bring their voices, stories, and concepts to life. In this role, you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team and play a role in the copywriting process from the brand essence and tagline to content outlines and ad headlines in order to communicate the overall concept to the client. You’ll routinely work on a diverse portfolio of projects. You should be adept at blending the brand narrative and marketing strategy to tell powerful stories that guide the reader toward the desired objective.
- You will routinely write for a variety of mediums including web, video, print and digital collateral, branding, advertising, packaging, social media, and websites.
- Develop a brand’s manifesto through a brand essence that will guide all future creative.
- Define the brand’s language, voice, and tone in their brand guidelines.
- Work with designers to create rich, textured ads that showcase the creative concept.
- Learn about and stay up to date on writing trends, principles, and techniques.
- Utilize principles of user experience design and storytelling to create educated and rational copywriting decisions.
- Be able to defend your copy decisions with a user-first rationale.
- Learn and understand the principles of user-focused copywriting.
- Research and understand the client’s industry, competition, history, goals, and objectives and make thoughtful copywriting decisions relevant to that information.
- Contribute to marketing strategies from a copywriting and content perspective.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with other team members in order to quickly determine strategy and direction for a client.
- Offer input to co-workers in a constructive, encouraging way.
- Be part of a positive environment where all team members thrive.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Google Workplace, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com