The American Advertising Federation-Baton Rouge is Now Accepting Nominations for the E.A. “Pete” Goldsby Silver Medal Award
The highest personal award presented by the American Advertising Federation– Baton Rouge is the E. A. Pete Goldsby Award, presented each year to the person who has made the greatest overall contribution to the advertising profession. The Goldsby Silver Award is named for the late E.A. “Pete” Goldsby. Mr. Goldsby was the advertising manager of the State-Times/Morning Advocate and gave most generously of his time and talents to the advertising profession as well as many civic, fraternal and charitable activities. After his death in 1954, the Board of
Directors of the Advertising Club of Baton Rouge established the Goldsby Award, to be presented to worthy recipients for outstanding contributions in the interest of advertising.
Basis of the award:
• Overall contributions to the advertising profession
• Contributions to building a better Baton Rouge, especially through projects which promote the civic good through advertising
• Continuing contributions towards the development of young people entering the advertising profession
• Contributions need not have been made in the year of the nomination, and should be based on a lifetime accumulation
• The current President of this organization is ineligible during his/her tenure as President
• Need not be a current or past member of this organization to be eligible
The nomination should be typed and emailed as a PDF file or Word document stating your reasons for nominating your choice for the Goldsby Silver Medal Award. Remember that detailed information will help the judges in making their selection. The Goldsby Silver Medal Award winner will be selected on the basis of the facts presented in the written nomination, plus any additional information easily available to the Goldsby Selection Committee.
Please email your nomination by Monday, January 11st to email@example.com
The winner will be announced at the 2016 Baton Rouge American Advertising Awards Show on Saturday, February 20th.