Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 Student Scholarships. The American Advertising Federation–Baton Rouge will be awarding one $1000 scholarship. The 2014 Student Scholarship application along with eligibility criteria and applicant requirements can be 2014 Student Scholarship Application. Winners will be announced at the Salute to Students Luncheon on May 2nd.
- A resume that is suitable for a job application. The resume should include any academic honors, special projects, activities, training outside of class, and/or work experience that you would like the AAF-BR Scholarship Selection Committee to consider.
- A transcript of all college studies, including grades from the preceding semester and notations for courses in progress.
- A letter from the applicant to the AAF-BR Scholarship Selection Committee outlining his or her career goals.
- (Graduating seniors applying for scholarship) A letter from an accredited graduate or professional school noting acceptance into a program related to advertising.
- Two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation. (The individual making the recommendation should send these letters under separate cover directly to the AAF-BR Scholarship Selection Committee.)
Completed application and letters of recommendation are due to Theresa Nguyen at Launch Media (10000 Celtic Drive, Baton Rouge, 70809) and must be received no later than Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
Please e-mail Theresa Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick Box (email@example.com) with any questions.
ENTRY INFORMATION BELOW
Register to Attend DesignBR>>
Baton Rouge is filled with incredible sights, sounds and experiences. It’s also home to a talented graphics designers and artists. We’d like to see what happens when those things collide. Your challenge is to design an original work of art highlighting the Capital City.
Size: 18” x 24”
Color: 2 Spot Colors
Printing: Screen printing will be done by Giraphic Prints on white premium French paper
THE ENTRY PROCESS
Submit a 72dpi pdf of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 28, 2014. In addition we also ask that you provide your name, classification (student or professional) and an additional form of contact should we need to reach you about your artwork.
Judges will select the top 20 pieces and limited edition prints will be sold at the DesignBR art show on Thursday, May 15 at the Arts Council of Baton Rouge Community from 6PM — 9PM. A best of show award will be presented to the top professional and student entries as deemed by a panel of judges.
Also, all selected pieces will be then be used by Visit Baton Rouge to help further showcase the beauty of our city and promote any specials events highlighted in the artwork. By submitting your entry into the art show you agree to allow the American Advertising Federation of Baton Rouge and Visit Baton Rogue full usage of your work to help further promote tourism to the area on the Visit Baton Rouge web site and on social channels. Artists will be notified of its use by AAF-BR.
All proceeds from the Art Show will go to the American Advertising Federation of Baton Rouge to help further our mission to promote and protect the interest of the local advertising community.
Printing by Giraphic Prints
As part of this year’s community service efforts, AAF-BR will not only be donating March and April’s “Holla for a Dolla” donations to the American Heart Association, but we will be walking to support the American Heart Association on April 26, 2014!
The Capital Area Heart walk raises awareness of heart disease and strokes while also raising funds that go towards cardiovascular disease research and education.
Join the AAF-BR team here and invite your family and co-workers to walk along: http://capitalareaheartwalk.kintera.org/aafbatonrouge
Registration is free and you can walk for awareness of the cause free of charge. If you would like to donate or want to round up donations, prizes are awarded depending on your level of donation (prize information).